YMD Experience About Rock The Era!!

3 comments

Thank you very much for giving me this opportunity.
My name is Kiyofumi Takahashi and I am the NE area YMD leader in Atlanta.
I came here from Japan a year ago.
My japanese company sent me here as the branch manager of our Atlanta office.

I would like to thank you very much for all of your support and daimoku for the March festival! There is no doubt that the March Festival was the number 1 experience of my life! I have learned so many things from this experience.

From the time I heard about the festival, I was determined that I would create a defined starting point with Sensei and show actual proof at my job through the fight towards the Festival.

At the beginning of December, I received encouragement from South Zone YMD leader, Mike Matsuo and to start winning in the morning by chanting 1 hour of daimoku before going to work. In January, I started chanting 1.5 hours of "Win In The Morning" daimoku. From February, I tried to attend the morning daimoku tosos at the Atlanta Community Center as much as I could.

However, the more I chanted, the more problems would occur at my job.

As a result, we lost a VIP client at my branch and other problems kept happening. In addition, during the week of the festival, the biggest challenge was happening and I could not eat anything because of it. It was very tough for me.

I was chanting but the situation did not change. However, I was always inspired by my fellow members. Other leaders were at the ACC everyday, working very seriously towards the festival.

I was really encouraged by their sincerity and earnest efforts and I determined that, "I will overcome my situation!! I will repay by debt of gratitude to all!! I will win!!"

With that kind of determination I went to the community center every day as soon as I got off work.

Sometimes we stayed at the community center until 1 am. But the battle to win in the morning and chant 1 hour at the community center continued so it was a difficult challenge everyday. But when I thought about the other members facing the same challenge, it gave me strong feelings to continue.

In the midst of the battle, on March 16th, I had a disagreement with one of the members in my area about the festival. One of the Men’s Division who was there to witness the whole situation immediately came to listen to me.

When I explained the situation to him, he talked with me through his own experiences and said, “To convey the importance of oneness of mentor and disciple is very difficult. We cannot judge people. There is no one who is not fighting. So it is important for us to trust.”

He encouraged me so sincerely and so warmly.

I immediately went in front of the Gohonzon and started chanting. While I was chanting, I realized that I was not trusting that member, and I was in tears, deeply regretting it.

This men’s division member sat beside me, and chanted with me while I was crying so hard, that I could not chant. He handed me a piece of memo paper and told me, “Write to Sensei about your current feelings.”

I wrote the memo to Sensei from the bottom of my heart. Before, when I used to write to Sensei, it was always a report about my actions or some results. This time, for the first time, I reported that I had a fight with a member and shared my sincere feelings and my struggles to Sensei.

This became my defined starting point with Sensei!

With my work situation, although we had so many challenges and had lost our largest client, we had the best sales since I started working in Atlanta during the month of February!

Also, last week, we recorded our best weekly sales results!
Also, our area (Northeast Area, Atlanta North Region) became number 1 in South Zone in participation for the festival!

Now, I am very happy. From the bottom of my heart I am truly happy and so appreciative of being able to fight as a youth in Atlanta, as a disciple of Sensei, with wonderful members, and all in the year of the 80th anniversary of the founding of Soka Gakkai!

In the March 17th "To My Friends" Sensei encourages us:
"Let's remember to show our appreciation. Never forget the hearts of those who support you. The firm resolve to repay one's debt of gratitude will enable one to manifest boundless power."

Now, our battle towards July has begun. I determined that my goal for July is to bring twice as many members than the March festival. I will chant and take action to make this festival the number 1 festival in the whole world and make this the prime point of my life!

And, I will repay my debt of gratitude to Sensei and all of the members!


3 comments:

JAGDEEP said...

Thanks for sharing your exp. You set an example for the YD in NE AREA. We truly appreciate your effort and support for NE ......Shweta & Jagdeep

Unknown said...

Suwanee North District is so greatful that you are here to lead the YMD's in NORTH EAST AREA!!! Your contribution has made a tremendous difference in the growth of our YMD's in our district, chapter, area and S.Zone as whole!!!! Can't say Thank you enough for sharing your heartfelt experience...we truly appreciate you, Kiyo!!!! :) Arigato Gozaimasu Kiyo san!! -Risha-

karlo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment